Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa Hat Snack

I found this idea on Pinterest at http://daisyt13.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/santa-hat-brownies/
I made them last week for a bake sale at school.  Unfortunately I under-cooked the brownies and couldn't use them.  For a quick fix I grabbed ginger snaps.
Today was our last day of school so I thought these would make a special treat.
I quickly made up a recipe sheet for snack this morning.
All you need are gingersnaps, strawberries, and whip cream.


The children are learning how to follow instructions by reading the pictures.

They were a lot of fun to eat.
But for this little one, if she hesitated, her dad snuck a lick.
Yum!

Linked to:

8 comments:

  1. What a nice Christmas snack - luckily it's not our last day until next week so I will borrow your idea - and strawberries are in season, even growing in our kinder box garden - at present!Thanks for sharing such an effective following instructions idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Louise - hope they have fun making them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, and I love the instructions for the kids. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing on Monday Madness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the instruction card and the children building their snacks by themselves. Great activity idea for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute, fun idea - LOVE it! I would love for you to come link up at my TGIF LInky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I know my readers would love to see!!
    Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!what a great idea!!found you from 'for the kids Friday'
    Here are my events,appreciate participation...
    Midweek Fiesta
    Decorating Challenge-Buttercream Icing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Maureen,
    The Santa hats are such a beautiful idea and they have turned out lovely!My first time here and hopped on to your place from Amy's event.It was really nice meeting you and following you too:)Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete