Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Airplanes and Pilot

 
Welcome to our airport.  
Check in and buy a ticket.

The plane is waiting for passengers.

 The pilots are ready to fly.

Before we shut down our airport dramatic play,
 we were fortunate to have a pilot visit.
The Captain brought a set of head phones for us to try.
I loved them, they cut out most noise.
We passed them around.
Even a mom tried.
The Canadian Snowbirds will be arriving soon 
and we'll be entertained while they
practice their drills.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maureen,
    I just came across this amazing post! Our class has been recently inquiring about airplanes and are eager to transform our dramatic play area into an airport!! This has given me a whole bunch of ideas which I'm excited to share with my DECE tomorrow! Thanks for sharing and I plan to show my K class this post this week to get their minds' on to what our classroom airport can look like!
    Sincerely,
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it Jocelyn. Check back further to the year before and you'll see how we set it up in our old school when I had two classrooms. The second classroom allowed me a lot more space for dramatic play. Also to venture out sideways to questions like how does the luggage ramp work. Have fun. I can't see what your class puts together.

      Delete