Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Magnets on Metal Extensions

Last week I shared this post about playing with magnets and tin cans.  At the end I asked for ideas on how to extend it.  Thank you to everyone who shared their ideas.  The following is what was added.
   IMG_3005IMG_3007
Milk jug lids with magnets on the backs; some of them I glued wiggly
eyes on the inside. They were a hit.
   IMG_2998IMG_3039
Pipe cleaners but the children didn’t show much interest.  I wonder if
they were brighter colours would they have been drawn to them.
   IMG_2999IMG_2966
I dug out these magnet clips that are shaped like bugs and butterflies.
They had a lot of fun moving them around.
         IMG_3000IMG_3047
A few of our discovery bottles might work with magnets; nuts and bolts,
iron filings, and bingo chips with metal edging.  They used the wands to
try to move the pieces inside around.

Then as the week concluded I moved the small metal pieces into the
sensory table with the magnet wands and covered it all with paper confetti.
  IMG_3195IMG_3197  
  IMG_3230
They slid the wands through the confetti and checked what was stuck to it
when they pulled it out.

Thanks again to everyone who sent me emails with ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment