Monday, September 19, 2016

In An Apple Tree

Our families have been sharing their harvest with us,
which is great for our snack table.
To build on the harvest concept I set up a small apple orchard.
 I placed two of our fake trees in a big box, that I covered with a green blanket.
I put them in the box in hopes that it will corral the apples and they will
not be rolling around the room.
So far so good.
 Over the years I've collected a variety of fake apples
and I placed most of them under the trees.
But some I hid in the trees.
To encourage the children to look up in the trees I sang this fingerplay
"Way up high in the apple tree,
two little apples smiled at me.
I shook that tree as hard as I could.
Down came the apples
Mmmm, mmmm good!

They enjoyed shaking the trees to see the apples fall.
They also enjoyed hiding the apples back in the trees.

 Once they picked their apples they could wash them.
An amazingly simple idea of water, apples and toothbrushes
can keep children busy for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment